Medical spas, also known as medi spas or med spas, are a hybrid between a traditional day spa and a medical clinic. While treatments are overseen by a medical doctor, such as a plastic surgeon or dermatologist, they conveniently offer a similar relaxing experience as a spa. With the expertise of trained professionals, you can receive a variety of different treatments to assist with
- Acne scarring
- Age spots
- Hair removal
- Fat removal
- Loose skin
Available to both men and women, medi spas are a convenient place to sit back and relax while achieving your ideal skin. Read more of this blog to discover the variety of treatments available at a medi spa.
Medi Spa vs. Traditional Day Spa
Bathrobes, saunas, massage, facials… most of us get an image into our minds when we think of a traditional spa. Focused on surface-level beauty treatments, this type of spa offers a relaxing environment often focused on experience.
Medi spas, however, target their focus on deeper-rooted skin issues related to aging, discoloration, and weight loss. These treatments are non-surgical but offer many of the same benefits as surgical options. Unlike a medical clinic, clients can go to a medical spa for restful treatment. They are a great alternative to many medical treatments.
Types of Treatments Offered at a Medical Spa
There are a variety of different treatments offered at medical spas. Some may offer more medical procedures, such as injections, while others may focus on more cosmetic treatments, such as facials.
Here is a list of what is commonly offered at medical spas:
- Also known by their common brand names (i.e., Juvederm)
- Botox injections block chemical signals from nerves that naturally cause your muscles to contract. They are often used to temporarily block these signals and relax your facial muscles, lessening the appearance of wrinkles. They are most commonly applied on the forehead and around the eyes.
- Dermal filler injections are a non-surgical cosmetic procedure that plumps the skin and lessens the appearance of wrinkles, lines, and loss of volume related to aging. The substance in dermal fillers, hyaluronic acid (HA), naturally occurs in the body. Dermal fillers can last anywhere from 6-12 months to a few years and are injected underneath the skin. They provide a more youthful appearance with instant results and no downtime. Also known as soft tissue fillers, the FDA approves popular brands.
- Using a minimally invasive technique, microneedling uses groups of thin needles on your skin to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, acne scarring, and stretch marks. You can get microneedling on your face, legs, back, and neck.
- Also known as body sculpting, non-surgical fat reduction uses a non-invasive laser to heat up unwanted areas of fat on the body or cooling techniques to freeze areas of fat. Both techniques result in permanently destroyed body fat.
- Laser hair removal is a semi-permanent procedure to remove unwanted body hair from the underarms, back, legs, or bikini area. Results can vary depending on the number of treatments. People interested in laser hair removal will need multiple treatments to achieve their hair removal goal. This procedure is a safe and effective way to kick shaving and waxing to the curb.
- Laser vein removal works by using a laser beam with high-intensity light that dives into skin tissue to target blood vessels. These now-sealed veins are absorbed into the body, lessening the appearance of varicose veins without surgery.
- Laser skin resurfacing works by stimulating new collagen growth in your skin. Certain lasers work by removing the top layer of skin, while others are less invasive, such as intense pulsed light therapy (IPL).
- Lip injections or lip fillers add volume to your lips. They are a form of dermal fillers and are a temporary solution. They contain a natural substance found in your body called hyaluronic acid (HA).
- A chemical peel is a facial procedure in which a chemical solution is applied to the skin to remove the top layers. In return, the skin that grows back is smoother and clearer. Multiple treatments may be necessary to achieve desired results. It can be used to treat wrinkles, acne scarring, and discoloration, most commonly on the face.
- Hydrafacials are a non-invasive skin resurfacing treatment that combines exfoliation, cleansing, extraction, and hydration to remove dead skin cells and impurities, all while hydrating and moisturizing the skin.
- Wrinkle relaxers work by temporarily blocking the muscles to allow the skin to smooth out.
Medi Spa in Scranton, PA
Abington Center Medi Spa is conveniently located in Clarks Summit, just a short drive from Scranton, PA. We offer an array of different medical spa treatment options such as…
- Dermal Fillers
- Lip Fillers
- Laser Genesis
- TruSculpt iD
- Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Vein Removal
- Chemical Peels
- Medical-grade facial rejuvenation
Located within Abington Center for Cosmetic and Family Dentistry, our medi spa provides non-surgical cosmetic procedures in a relaxing environment so you can love your skin and body. Looking for more information? Contact us today for a free consultation.